Werken bij REEF - Scientist Applied Statistics
You will work within a department specialized in finding practical solutions in the field of hazardous materials, food safety and medical innovation. Together with partners in research institutes, governments and industry the department is working on becoming the authority on in their field of expertise. You will work in a team with 6 other experts in statistics with a background in biology, chemistry, chemometrics, engineering and social sciences. They have expertise on multi variant statistics, classification methods, Bayesian modeling, experimental design and signal analysis.
Together with biologists and analytical chemists you will work on modeling of disease processes and for instance diabetes and altherosclerosis. Together with industrial hygienists you will explore the relationship between expose to chemicals and the occurrence of work-related diseases. Researchers who work on healthy food will ask you for experimental designs to get an efficient screening of the effect of diverse ingredients on the quality of the food.
You will work on research projects, participate in writing project proposals, report, present and publish results in scientific journals/conferences. You are responsible for both the experimental design and the modeling of problems. You participate in conceptual discussions and you will cooperate with experts with various scientific backgrounds from internal and external clients.
- You have a PhD with a strong statistical component and 2-10 years working experience.
- You are specialised in Bayesian modeling or experimental design. In both is preferred.
- You can demonstrate a high academic level in applied research with publications and/or presentations and/or conference participations or equivalent.
- You have experience with matlab or equivalent.
- You are able to communicate your work and results to other disciplines.
- You like to work multidisciplinary and have a broad interest in other fields of research besides your own field of expertise.
Solliciteren op deze functie
Deze functie is niet meer vacant. Bekijk direct onze vacatures.