Werken bij REEF - Project Leader Microbiologie
Expert on virology/bacteriology
You will work on a department specialized in proof of concept research into novel vaccine technologies. The department plays a key role in interacting with the external R&D community to identify and evaluate potential new leads relevant to animal health. The department works on pre-development research and the development of vaccines against viral, bacterial and parasitological diseases, for several animal species including avian, equine, swine and bovine. Within the multidisciplinary teams, specialists in the fields of virology, microbiology, antigen discovery, bioprocess technology, molecular biology, immunology, international clinical trials and regulatory affairs work together.
You will participate in a project with the objective to develop vaccination strategies against hard to treat bacterial udder infections (mastitis) in dairy cattle. This project concentrates on the three most important pathogens in bovine mastitis: Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus uberis and Escherichia coli.
As project leader you will be responsible for an involved in both studies for basic research as well as for proof of concept, including antigen discovery, assay development, animal studies, and process development. You will play an important role in a management of a project team with one or more technicians and specialists from other disciplines. You will be actively involved in the initiation and coordination of research studies/animal studies (under GLP conditions) including writing of protocols, SOP's and reports. You will actively be involved in collaboration with external partners. You will actively introduce new technologies on basis of in- and external developments
- You have a PhD degree, preferably Post-Doc in one of the life sciences (e.g., virology,microbiology, immunology) or veterinary sciences and preferable experience in vaccine research, molecular biology and/or protein expression.
- You have experience in the human or veterinary biological industry and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) is advantageous.
- You have proven experience in virology / bacteriology.
- You have good social skills on operational and strategic level.
- You master the languages Dutch and English, both written and spoken.
Solliciteren op deze functie
Deze functie is niet meer vacant. Bekijk direct onze vacatures.